Advantage Solutions Vice President Finance and Operations - Remote in United States
Vice President Finance & Operations
We are seeking a highly dynamic and talented Senior Finance and Operations leader who will ensure business growth through formulating, directing and managing business operation’s activities in accordance with the overall strategy. Results will be obtained through ensuring alignment between the operational capabilities of the organization and the business performance goals in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and the President of the organization.
Support the overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure the organization maximizes short, medium and long-term profitability and returns to key stakeholders.
Maintain the administration, budget monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison on all company affairs at a level acceptable to the ELT.
Represent interests of business and SLT / ELT on all-agency, division and corporate calls; support President in preparation of reports for team and all-company presentations.
Ensure that operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by management as well as employees.
Lead and be accountable to the annual budget and monthly P&L forecast process and accuracy across the Data & Intelligence Group. Manage the future integrations of separate company financials under one financial model
Ownership and Preparation of all ad hoc operational reporting for Data & Intelligence Group, including but not limited to metric reporting, KPI analysis, etc. with goal to find streamline and cost efficiencies where possible
Build and Implement new operational process where applicable
Strategic Operational partner to Data & Intelligence President & leadership to advise on all financial aspects of Data & Intelligence Group
Communicate to senior leadership the Data & Intelligence Group financial position
Provide financial management to departments, including annual budgeting, reforecast processes, long range planning and actuals reporting
Oversee financial planning for corporate items including month-end close
Develop management reporting to enable real-time information flow to budget stakeholders
Partner with the accounting team to support monthly & quarterly close processes
Create month end reporting package for Data & Intelligence Group leadership-including but not limited to articulation of the material variances and driver’s vs forecast, vs budget, vs prior year
Provide monthly variance analyses and executive summaries to budget stakeholders along with recommendations for any corrective actions needed
Mentor and manage Financial Analysts and Operations Business Managers and direct workflow for these individuals as needed
Provide performance reviews as well as merit and promotions adjustments for direct reports
Interface closely with Client Services & Business Development teams to accurately project revenue forecast and stay current on changes impacting monthly, quarterly and annual revenue
Field questions from senior management, employees and corporate/parent company related to Finance.
- Indirect responsibility working with IT / Procurement, Accounting, Legal and other internal teams as needed to remove barriers for internal teams to complete work and meet objectives.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required; MBA Degree or equivalent experience preferred; preferably in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance.
8-10 years of experience in operations, preferably in retail, agency or marketing services organization
Experience managing P&L in excess of $50M
Demonstrated excellence and expertise in operations, finance, technology and administration
C-level interpersonal experience/communication skills
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure the organization maximizes short, medium, and long-term profitability and returns to key stakeholders.
• Strategic Operational partner to President & Leadership advising on all financial aspects of the business. Maintain the administration, budget monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison on all business unit affairs.
• Own relationship and work process integration ensure that operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by management as well as employees.
• Develop financial operating reports, such as annual plans, quarterly forecasts, periodic reviews and updates. Gather business performance data, analyze and compare it to previous periods and develop recommendations for improvement in revenue growth or resource allocation.
• Prepare financial reports and analysis for Leadership, providing effective access to information for appropriate staff and business partners and taking the lead in financial best practices.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Travel up to 10%
Minimum Qualifications: The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level:(Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:Business Operations with an emphasis in Finance
- 8-10 years of experience in Finance and Operations in a leadership capacity.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Strong prioritization skills
• Decision making skills
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, procedures and standards policy and procedure development techniques
• Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to federal and state tax code
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
• Ability to exercise sound judgment
• Ability to make oral presentations
• Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
• Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
• Ability to work effectively with management
• Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
• Ability to research and analyze data effectively
• Demonstrated ability to provide cross-functional leadership
• Ability to develop strategic plans to grow the business
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
• Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
• Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadline
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
• Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US | US-CA-Irvine | US-AZ-Phoenix | US-NY-Albany
Postal Code 92602
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2022-420084
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)