Advantage Solutions Sr Engineer Software in United States
Senior Software Engineer
· Design, develop, test, and deploy code for the Sales and Marketing business unit.
· Work with the other software engineers, business analysts and testers to deliver a successful product while meeting project goals.
· Share acquired skills/knowledge with team members and mentor junior engineers as necessary.
· Actively contribute new ideas and programming concepts to the team.
· Help define and convert Business Requirements into Functional Designs and Wireframes.
· Triage and troubleshoot issues with users.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or comparable major or equivalent experience required.
· At least 5-10 years of significant and recent development experience with C# 6+, .NET 4.5+, Angular 2.x, and TSQL.
· Experience in web service, API, REST, and microservices development.
· Familiarity with the following is a Plus: Mobile development/UI expert, Responsive Design, NoSql, nodejs, cloud computing, distributed messaging.
· Strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills.
Additional Knowledge and Abilities:
· Familiar with Agile Development Practices
· Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
· Ability to share knowledge and expertise with other software engineers
· Strong analytical thinking and problem solving
· Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
· Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
· Motivated to learn, experiment, and use the latest technologies
· Positive attitude with a desire to solve problems
· Familiar with the stages of the software development lifecycle
· Knowledge of security best practices
· Team player who is comfortable partnering with business departments
· Troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Comfortable shuffling priorities and context switching based on business needs
· Possess a sense of pride and confidence in authored code
· Understand the business domain and why a feature is needed, not just how to build it
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Sr Engineer Software designs and develops software that support the business units (Sales, Marketing, HR, etc) in the Company; systems and software include CRM, Business Intelligence, and other strategic custom software applications. Will manage stakeholders, gather requirements, design solutions, write and review code.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Design, develop, test, and deploy code for Company's technology platforms
Work on a team of software developers, business analysts and testers
Share acquired skills/knowledge with team members and mentor junior engineers as necessary
Actively contribute new ideas and programming concepts to the team
Develop and maintain services, business objects /APIs on .NET and SQL server platform
Create and maintain technical documents
Gather and convert Business Requirements into Functional Designs and Wireframes
Provide recommended solutions for complex business problems End User Support
End User Support
Triage and troubleshoot issues with users
Support user training and onboarding activities
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Computer Science or comparable major
At least 5 – 10 years of significant and recent development experience with C#, .NET
Experience and knowledge working with the following technologies:
Experience in web service development
Experience configuring IIS
Experience designing and building databases
Experience with Unit testing
Familiarity with the following is a Plus:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong team player
Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
Solid understanding of object-oriented design
Should have strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills
Able to translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
A sound knowledge of the latest developments in the field of software technology
A sound knowledge about existing software
Familiar with agile development methodologies
Familiar with Unit testing
Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
Microsoft Visual Studios
Microsoft Team Foundation Services
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Reporting Service
SAP / Business Objects / Crystal Reports
3 Party components and API’s
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-391163
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)