Advantage Solutions Account Executive, Natural Specialty Food Services, various US locations in Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Retail Territory Account Executive is responsible for the development and implementation of sales, marketing and product development programs both short and long range. The programs are targeted toward existing and new markets within an assigned territory to ensure client standards are achieved and a strategy is created to establish and increase sales volume. Conduct business in the field at Client and Customer locations, auto allowance included.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Territory Account Executive is responsible for the development and implementation of sales, marketing and product development programs both short and long range. The programs are targeted toward existing and new markets within an assigned territory to ensure client standards are achieved and a strategy is created to establish and increase sales volume. Conduct business in the field at Client and Customer locations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Sales, Strategy & Client Management
• Develop and keep a current knowledge base of new products, services and competitor activity to suggest new methods for sustaining and assisting Clients’ products to preserve competitive edge
• Build rapport and maintain effective communications with management, the Client, and all Customers to facilitate the necessary dialogue that will aid in retaining existing Clients and supporting business development initiatives
• Actively initiate sales calls with clients and the Company to ensure sales opportunities of products are exceeding Client’s expectations
• Ensure all sales are flawlessly executed and completed on time, on target and against client’s growth initiatives
• Develop and recommend advertising and promotional activities to satisfy Client’s sales objectives
• Partner with Management and Client to ensure contract terms, scope of business agreement, any customized services and special business considerations pertaining to Client Sales Agreements are properly executed
• Determine marketing strategies that drive product positioning and awareness to increase sales volume
• Visit and call on Clients to ensure stores maintain fixtures with ample product at all times
Research & Development of Products & Services
• Research and identify opportunities to grow sales within assigned territory through analysis of Client’s customers and development of quarterly business plans
• Provide recommendations to senior sales management for future business strategies, based on Client experience and utilizing information and data supplied by clients and customers to determine best approach to sales initiatives
• Evaluate product and service marketability in terms of customers’ needs and shelving items that need to be developed
Administration & Reports
• Generate reports for sales management and clients reflecting product sales, trends, and customer preferences in assigned territory to provide direction for future sales strategies and goals
• Complete assigned weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales status reports, expense reports, and other necessary documentation 50%
-This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
- Travel and Driving is an essential duty and function of this job
-Territory travel (driving) up to 80 %
- Auto Allowance included
Education Level: (Required) Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred) : Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Business
- 3-5 years of experience in retail sales experience, Client or food broker sales experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Must have strong initiative and be self-motivated, ability to work independently with little supervision
Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups
Solid organizational and follow up skills
Mathematical and analytical ability
Displays the ability to achieve desired results through others with positive, energetic and enthusiastic communication
Forecasts, sets objectives, anticipates, structures tasks, and establishes priorities
Outstanding communication skills
Demonstrates commitment to meeting or exceeding customer expectations, effectively solicits and responds to the needs of the customer both external and internal
Works cooperatively with others toward common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and contributions of other team members, cultivates positive relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and support to others
Competent email and internet skills
Customer/Client specific applications
Basic skills with Microsoft Office Suite
Environmental & Physical Requirements:
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US | US-PA-Philadelphia | US-CO-Denver | US-MN-Minneapolis | US-CA-San Francisco | US-CA-E Palo Alto | US-VA-Alexandria
Postal Code 19019
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-403524
Position Type Full Time
Category Retail Sales Merchandising
Starting Wage USD $40,000.00/Hr.