Advantage Solutions Senior Manager Sampling Operations - Hybrid in Fayetteville, Arkansas
Senior Manager Sampling Operations
This position will be responsible for leading and developing retailer programs. The Sr Operations Manager Sampling will be responsible for representing the Company and their designated Clients & Customers through the management of marketing projects, executing client objectives set forth by Clients, Retailers and/or Business Development Managers and related retail leadership. This includes, but is not limited to, fulfillment coordination, pricing coordination, store list management, and best in class marketing program management.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Operational Efficiency: Maintain excellent high-performing teams and proactively ensure client KPI’s are executed consistently by timely addressing retail challenges. Oversee effective and efficient retail routing of samples and approve all related routing decisions.
• Associate Performance Management: Develop people through training and direct organizational and team development initiatives using performance management tools, including: performance reviews, individual associate development plans & succession planning documentation. Source and identify external talent and integrate new associates into the organization as part of a long-term talent expansion strategy.
• Communication/Change Management: Maintain proactive and professional communications across multiple internal and external stakeholders; lead change across responsible retail organization to ensure client and company KPIs are met.
• Budgeting: manage, assist and/or develop expense and/or revenue/operating income budget for area of responsibility based on responsible channel of trade and client(s) responsibility.
• Manages marketing programs for assigned clients by:
o Managing project plans, timelines, and schedules
o Workflow management between all departments
o Vendor contact and negotiations
o Manage and approve cost and timelines with selected vendors
o Quality control throughout the entire production process
o Maintains and enables standard processes & policies consistent with company direction.
• Oversee and manage daily workload of project managers.
• Attend tradeshows and seminars when applicable
• Standardization and Execution of the Company’s Strategic Direction: Outline and implement operational policies and client/retailer programs. Proactively promote the Company’s Strategic Direction and Vision on a day-to-day basis and assure compliance with all Programs.
• Business Development: Grow existing business and drive new business growth through……. Proactive client planning sessions.
• Organizational Development: Oversee Business Operations of the sampling team- to increase effectiveness and/or efficiency enabling the organization to achieve its strategic goals.
• Customer/ASM Customer Team/ASM Market Integration: Serve as strategic retail contact for Customers, ASM Business Managers, RTLs/ATLs, and ASM Department Managers & Sales Directors that affect the Account Team(s). Utilize all elements and resources to meet and exceed team and Client’s requirements.
Client/Retailer Partnership Management
Serve as strategic retail contact. Work to build and maintain Client/Retailer partnerships while managing ongoing client goals and KPI objectives. Pursue new Client representation and seek additional business opportunities from existing client base in an effort to add incremental value to our client base
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level:(Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:Degree Program/Major Marketing or Business Management
5+ Years of experience in Field Operations Management, Order Management, Forecasting, Supply Chain / Logistics, Replenishment
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Customer and client management
• Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Strong prioritization skills
• Skill in supervising to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
• Ability to work effectively with management
• Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
• Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
• Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
• Ability to direct, lead, coach, and develop people
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-AR-Rogers | US-AR-Bentonville | US-AR-Gravette | US-AR-Fayetteville
Primary Posting Location : City Rogers
Primary Posting Location : State/Province AR
Postal Code 72712
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2022-419258
Position Type Full Time
Category Marketing (Corporate): Integrated Marketing, Experiential Marketing