Advantage Solutions Category Leadership Associate in East Grand Ra, Michigan
Category Leadership Associate NE
The Category Leadership Associate NE has a passion for numbers and is exploring career opportunities in data analysis. Collect, organize, and help visualize data to assist sales teams in building assortment, pricing, promotion, and shelving stories that drive business for our clients and customers.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Source data from syndicated, customer-specific, and/or market resources
• Meet specific needs of requesting party by determining appropriate data selection and custom assortment as directed by supervisor
• Quantify, analyze, and interpret data
• Evaluate the reliability of source information by reconciling raw data and organizing results for analysis
• Create Excel reports and analysis utilizing syndicated sales data
• Maintain project schedule by coordinating activities, resolving problems, and making adjustments as needed to meet deadlines
Presentation Development & Delivery
• Organize information into presentation format by studying, analyzing, interpreting, and classifying data
• Assist the sales team as needed by participating in presentations and meetings to answer any questions regarding the data itself, interpretation of data, and the analysis of the data
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level:(Required): B.A.|B.S. in marketing, math, statistics, or economic fields
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
0-2 years of relevant experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Intellectually curious, eager to problem solve, and a quick learner
• Well-organized and strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to work with large data sets; appetite for numbers and analytics
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team; a hunger for “winning together”
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize business requests
• Good communication – written and oral – skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic and desire to succeed (often with minimal supervision)
• Microsoft Office experience: Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Syndicated Data experience: Working knowledge of IRI, Nielsen, and other relevant platforms
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-MI-East Grand Ra
Primary Posting Location : City East Grand Ra
Primary Posting Location : State/Province MI
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-348391
Position Type Full Time
Category Category Management, Insights and Planning